Security Cameras for Business in Deerfield Beach
Deerfield Beach businesses need security cameras
In today’s world, business owners in Deerfield Beach need to protect and monitor their business assets, customers and employees. Adding security cameras to your place of business can help to record any activities taking place within the surveillance area. Properly placed and maintained, security cameras are a very cost effective asset protection tool.
Below are four main reasons why you should consider installing security cameras at your business.
- Security cameras provide constant monitoring of your business even when you are not there. You cannot be there 24/7, so having cameras record the events and activity will give you peace of mind.Security cameras can be your eyes even when you cannot be there in person.
- If installed outside the back door, security cameras can help you to see who is outside or on your property before opening the door or venturing outside. This is a very important safety precaution for employees. It’s always a good idea to see who is at your door before you open it and if you suspect someone is on your property, security cameras can help to either confirm or eliminate that concern.
- The use of security cameras can provide valuable evidence in the event of a theft to help convict the perpetrator and possibly even recover your stolen item(s). In addition, a business that is monitored with a security camera may qualify for more affordable insurance because it is less desirable for criminals who know they are being monitored.
- Security cameras can help employers and store owners to keep a close eye on their employees. Monitoring of employee actions can help in a variety of situations, including possible employee theft, customer complaints and other matters where video playback may be beneficial.
Types of Security Cameras
There are several different types of security cameras available for protecting your business. It is important to choose the one that’s right for your specific needs. The following are some of the types of cameras on the market.
- Named for its sleek, cylindrical shape, a bullet CCTV camera is a wall-mount or ceiling-mounted unit that is typically designed for indoor use, but can also be used for some outdoor applications. Many bullet cameras also tout themselves as being waterproof. The camera is not typically designed to have pan/tilt/zoom control but instead to capture images from a fixed area. The unit is mounted pointing at a particular area.
- These dome-shaped cameras are designed to make the cameras unobtrusive… not covert or hidden. Typical applications are retail, where the camera is designed to be unobtrusive, but visible.These units serve a dual purpose: perpetrators will know the facility is being watched and patrons will feel at ease knowing the facility is being protected. Units that allow the camera to spin quickly within the housing are often referred to as “speed domes.”
- Covert/Desktop/Board Cameras. These tiny cameras are well suited for desktop use for Skype and other low-resolution teleconference applications.
- Discreet Cameras.These cameras can be disguised as something else; like a clock, smoke detector, motion sensor, or other device that doesn’t look like an actual security camera. Of course, covert cameras can also be characterized by conventional cameras placed in discreet locations.
- Infrared/Night Vision. These night-vision cameras have the ability to see images in pitch black conditions using IR LEDs. In some cases they are for mobile applications.
- Outdoor cameras have a housing that must be impenetrable to moisture, insects, dust and other elements.
- Day/Night. Day/night cameras compensate for varying light conditions to allow the camera to capture images. These are primarily used in outdoor applications where the security camera is positioned for an outdoor parking lot, for example. In many cases, units are dubbed as having a wide dynamic range to function in glare, direct sunlight, reflections and strong backlight 24/7.
- A camera with a varifocal lens allows the operator to zoom in or out while still maintaining focus on the image.
- Network/IP. These cameras, both hardwired and wireless, transmit images over the Internet, often compressing the bandwidth so as not to overwhelm the web. IP cameras are easier to install than analog cameras because they do not require a separate cable run or power boost to send images over a longer distance.
- Wireless. Not all wireless cameras are IP-based. Some wireless cameras can use alternative modes of wireless transmission. But no matter what the transmission method, the primary benefit to these units is still the same: extreme flexibility in installation.
- PTZ/Speed Domes. Pan/tilt/zoom cameras give the surveillance operator the ability to move the camera left or right (pan); up and down (tilt); and zoom the lens closer or farther. These are relegated to surveillance situations where there is an actual live guard or surveillance specialist monitoring the images. There are cameras that have automated pan/tilt/zoom functionality where the camera is moving on a timed basis. These are many times used to cover a wide area with only one camera, or to avoid poor light conditions, such as a setting sun.
- High-Definition Cameras. Ultra high-definition cameras are often used by to niche markets, such as casinos. These give the operators the ability to zoom in with extreme clarity (to look at poker players, for example, who might have something up their sleeve). In the past, these cameras were tube-based analog cameras, but today’s digital technology has displaced those older units. The cameras can also transmit their images using HDcctv.
Deerfield Beach business owners should call ATECH Fire & Security today to learn more about security cameras.
Call 1-800-FL-ALERT today to learn about how to obtain the best protection against security breaches, theft and other criminal acts in your business.Our business is A+ accredited by the Better Business Bureau! We will be happy to explain the details of our products and services so that you will fully understand what we do and get the right security cameras to suit your specific needs. We look forward to serving and protecting you!