BDAs are crucial for high rise condos on the beach
Hi-rise condos on the South Florida beaches require a communication system that allows building managers, maintenance workers, and other personnel to communicate effectively. If there is an emergency situation, the quality and effectiveness of the communication signal is key to resolving issues.
When looking into improving your in-building communication, you will probably come across the term “bi directional amplifier”, or BDA, which is a tool used to boost wireless signal throughout your structure. These tools are often used in large buildings, like campuses, hospitals, hotels, or manufacturing plants, and they help your two-way radios and smartphones avoid dropping calls or receiving spotty coverage.
In short, a bi-directional amplifier (BDA) is a device that locates a wireless signal, amplifies it, and then rebroadcasts it throughout your building.
BDAs are often part of a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that extends the range of two-way radios in any facility where reception is poor. A DAS is a network of spatially separated antenna nodes connected to a common transport medium.
There are two types of BDAs, one for two-way radios and the other for cellular phone use. Depending on the size and specific needs of the installation, ATECH Fire & Security provides a variety of two-way radio BDA equipment solutions to extend coverage range.
Bi-Directional Amplifiers Facts
- BDAs are amplifiers/repeaters available in a variety of gain and power options that boost and distribute a signal covering various frequencies
- It’s common in cement and steel structures to have poor reception areas such as basements, stairways, tunnels, parking garages or any isolated area where wireless signals do not penetrate
- BDAs installed for first responder and worker safety need to work under duress, such as high heat, chemical splash, smoke, high humidity, underground tunnels, with no electricity, etc.
- There is a big difference between public safety BDAs (for two-way radio systems) and a cellular BDA, and they cannot be interchanged
Who Needs BDAs?
- Any building requiring public safety permits, and/or that is identified and inspected under local ordinances
- Many localities (including Broward County) now require BDA installation with new or building renovation permits and certifications
- Government buildings, school campuses, sports arenas, tunnels/mining operations, public venues, distribution centers, hospitals, high-rise buildings, office complexes, warehouses, and more
- Anyplace where first responders, maintenance and security personnel need to maintain constant communications
Get your BDA installed by ATECH Fire & Security
Call 1-800-FL-ALERT today to learn about how we can install BDA systems in your high-rise condo or building. You may also complete and submit the online contact form and we will contact you.
Atech Fire & Security provides design and technical services to commercial, industrial and governmental clients. We specialize in security and electronic systems with a wide array of services. These include conceptualization and planning, design, integration and implementation, as well as acceptance testing and follow-on support. The diversity of our experience allows us to address a multitude of specialized areas within the fields of security and electronic systems.
Our business is A+ accredited by the Better Business Bureau! We will be happy to explain the details of our products and services so that you will fully understand what we do. We look forward to serving and protecting you!